Once your book is digitised, it can be prepared and uploaded as an e-Book for sale via Amazon’s Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) online bookstore.
Preparing a digitised book for uploading is fairly straightforward. The process is detailed on the KDP help pages, but there are certain design and layout options that take time, effort and understanding to make your book sing out to a potential buyer. The process is largely as follows:
- Digitise your book
- Copy the content into one of KDP’s downloadable templates
- Spell and grammar check the content of the novel
- Upload a pre-prepared cover design (KDP offers its own templates for this but be aware other authors may have chosen the same template!)
- Submit your e-Book for processing
- Wait until KDP approves and publishes it
Amazon KDP also offers a paperback option, which uses print-on-demand technology with the aim of offering digital and print to self-publishers. An attractive jacket design is a key element of this process and many authors are happy to let LGDM fulfill this task.