Welcome to my Journal
Originally born in London, I now live in my Somerset countryside apartment tucked away in a 15th century mansion once commandeered by Oliver Cromwell in the 1600s. There is still an oak stairway leading to a now long-since-gone observation tower used by Cromwell’s troops to survey the Bristol Channel for unwelcome guests. Most of the connecting floor space between the stairway and the living space is also commandeered by a more recent invader; over twenty guitars and other stringed instruments, musicianship being an important part of my culture and a lifelong obsession since a teenager.
Once a civil engineer, and having spent most of my working life in engineering computing, I now spend my time designing commercial online marketing systems that help struggling companies in need of a boost. Previous incarnations have resulted in the following postings :
- Lecturer in Medical Statistics – London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (University of London)
- Engineering IT Advisor – Control Data Corporation (Space Structures and Finite Element Analyst)
- European Marketing Director – COMSAT (Electronic Simulation Software)
- Marketing Director – Click and Protect (Internet Security)
- Founder – LGDM (Digital Media and Music)
- Associate Director – Minotro (Enterprise Construction Progress and Risk Analysis)
I hope you find your visit to my site in some way rewarding. Please don’t hesitate to say hello via the contact page link from the top menu.
Len Greenwood, Somerset, July 2017